Cutting down on fat is handy when you’re trying to lose weight, and tasks like frying an onion (or any other vegetable for that matter) can seem like a bit of a challenge. Never fear: it can be done.
- Spray a liberal dose of Fry light in your pan.
- Turn on the heat under the pan.
- Put your chopped onion in the pan.
- Add a splash of water and put the lid on.
- When needed, stir the onion to keep it moving, and to keep it from sticking.
- If the onion is taking a while to soften up, add a little more water if needed.
- Keep the lid on to keep the moisture from escaping!
- When you onion is softened, use it as part of your regular cooking, or add your other vege (and perhaps a little more water) as desired.