Well, today was what Summer is all about: picnicking in the sunshine. To celebrate our curatorial assistant’s last day before starting her new fabulous job the Museum Team had lunch in the Castle garden, on a Royal Stewart blanket no less! The fare included:
- greek salad, with lots of red onion, feta, green & black olives and red peppers
- mozzarella and basil pizza
- ham, egg, tomato and lettuce on wholemeal bread, with chilli mayo (made with Red Lion ham!)
- Pimm’s and lemonade, with cucumber and strawberries
- fruit salad with Kelly’s clotted ice cream & honeycomb
Of course, we used one of the family picnic sets, so we had a full complement of plates, cutlery and glasses. It was all terribly civilised.
A lovely way to spend an hour with friends, and a lovely excuse to enjoy the glorious weather we’re having.