- For each chicken breast, mix 50g Quark and a handful of fresh spinach (finely sliced). Season with salt and pepper, and add 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- Cut a long slit in the chicken breast, lengthways and on the underside. Cut as deep as you can, being careful not to cut the through the other side. Stuff the Quark and spinach mixture in to the breast.
- Cut the fat from two slices of bacon – you probably need to remove the marbled section at the bottom of the (back) bacon, but the fat can be removed from these too and the bacon bits cooked and saved for other purposes (like flavouring pasta sauce). Wrap the bacon around the stuffed breast, making sure the slit is covered. Seal the gap using food loops or cocktail sticks.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Warm pasta salad
- Cook about 150g of pasta per person.
- Slice a handful of mushrooms per person. Brown in a large pan, greased with Fry Light and in a little water. Add the mushrooms to the cooked pasta.
- Add a large handful of fresh spinach per person to the pasta. Add a splash of water to the pot and simmer until the spinach has begun to wilt.
- Add cooked bacon bits (perhaps those saved from the bacon used to wrap the stuffed chicken) and cooked green beans. Warm through.
- Drizzle balsamic salad dressing over the pasta, just enough to coat the pasta salad.