- peeled sprouts and carrots, ready to be steamed
- parboiled tatties, ready to be roasted
- chipolatas, a trio of stuffings and sausage meat stuffing, ready to be popped in the oven
potato logs and roast vegetable soup, made by one of our guests, ready to be cooked up as an accompaniment and starter* respectively
- cranberry sauce, gravy and bread sauce, all ready to be heated and served as needed
All this prep makes Christmas Day jsut a wee bit more relaxing, what with all the present-opening, drinkies drinking, and so on!
* After the soup made it to the bowl I sprinkled a little fresh parsley and a few strand of lemon zest on top. We also offered guests a wedge of lemon to squeeze over their soup. These wee touches really jazz up the soup and make it a bit special.
The turkey was a 8.4kg monster, but it was intended to feed six regular humans plus my wee brother! It was either a turkey to serve 15-18 people (as this one was) or 7-10, which just wasn’t big enough.