We use Seriously Good Venison in our house!
- Take 2kg venison shin and cut in to chunks.
- Put 8 tbsp plain flour in to a Ziploc bag. Add a healthy dose of salt and pepper. Put the venison in the bag and move it around to coat the venison.
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil in to a large pan; heat the pan. Brown the venison in batches, and set aside.
- Put the venison in the slow cooker pot with 500ml of Guinness. Add a couple of bay leaves. Cook for a good 6 hours or so.
- Roughly chop three medium-sized onions. Fry in a little oil until soft and translucent. Add lots of sliced mushrooms – I used about 500g of three varieties of shroom: Forestiere, chesnut and button. Cook until the mushrooms are softened.
- Remove the stew from the slow cooker and place in a large pan. Add the onions/shrooms and another 750-1000ml of Guinness. Bring to the simmer and simmer until the stew has reduced and the sauce is thick. Keep the stew moving to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan, but don’t stir too much or you will break up the meat.
- Serve with potatoes and green vege for colour.